Thursday, April 13, 2006

Suckers and a Fast ride


Yesterday, my mom and I, took Garrett and Marschall to Southpoint mall to meet my sister and her boyfriend for lunch. Of course, shopping was part of our goal too. We do this every so often when my mom is out of school. It’s always an adventure to say the least! I have found some new tricks that work for Marschall to be able to handle a few hours of shopping. We have two strollers, one for Marschall and one for Garrett. I had a bag full of snacks and candy for Marschall. In order to keep Marschall in his seat and hands off the clothing racks we had to stroll him at a fast cardio walking pace and keep handing him suckers. He went through 3 suckers, which lasted about 15-20 minutes each and a bag of mini oreos. So I figured we had about 1 hour of focused shopping time,(I think we were there for about 4 hours.) We really only stayed in the main mall area because we could only go so fast in Nordstrom. Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth it… but better to go and do what I love, even if I don’t get to peruse all the stores at my own leisure. It beats not going at all. I even made out with a shirt and a pair of shoes that matched!

PS~ Regarding our beach trip, we had a wonderful time away, I think I have unpacked everything by now and the suitcases are put away. The kids did great, minus Marschall’s throwing up virus that lasted 3 hours in the middle of the night on the Friday we left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith you are hilarious! I think you have to be one of the coolest mom's ever! The boys are lucky to have you. -Jackie

Anonymous said...

yall coming made my day!:)....you didn't mention that marsch became best friends with the Easter bunny and told him "Happy New Year"....he is a laugh a minute ;)joy