Monday, July 10, 2006

My heart will choose to say….

I have not written in while for a myriad of reasons; sick children, busy summer activities and some days just not feeling so "joy-filled".

The song below has been out for a while, yet I continue to find great encouragement from it. I have not found myself in the desert place very often in my life. It reminds me how blessed I am and thankful I should be. My mom and I were talking the other day that my life is good. I never want take to it for granted and the times I want to complain or get frustrated I need to remember my blessings from the Lord. When doubt creeps in or selfishness or jealousy or pride or I could go on and on…. I pray I can turn from it and trust the Lord’s goodness of who He says He is and who I am in Him.
The times that I will find myself in the wilderness, the dessert place, suffering and pain I pray that my faith will uphold me and my heart will choose to say “Blessed be the name of the Lord”.

Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name

When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise

When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
Blessed be your name

When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering

Blessed be your name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As our Lord provides times of refreshing and times of woe, it allows us to grow in Him. He provides opportunites for us to glorify Him by being 'Content' in all circumstances- as Paul give evidence and exhortation in Philippans.

yd

Melissa said...

i love this song, too, and it does always seem to make my heart identify with meeting the Lord in those places of sweet surrender. knowing that whatever is going on, he remains to be the blessed one.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»