Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Blame it on the Pregnancy, why not?

I like to think of myself as pretty intelligent, "with it", kind of gal. If that is so then I have no excuse than to blame the following on me carrying another human inside me or maybe it's just my hot husband.
I met Pete for lunch today at Chickie, we were actually talking on the phone to each other as we pulled up in our separate cars. My last words were, I'll just find you inside. I turn off my phone and look up at him approaching my car. I see him, give him a wave of excitement and we proceed inside. We were probably there over an hour or so. As we are leaving I said, "ohhh I must have left my keys in my car, make sure you don't leave me until I find them" I found them alright..... still in the ignition with the car running!!! Yes, ya'll need to be embarrased for me and that you are my friend. I even told Pete I was embarrassed, he had the perfect answer, "You can't get embarrassed in front of me, I adore you." Sweet answer, but still felt like a complete idiot!! And I know even though I am adored, I will be reminded of this from time to time by him. Geez!!!

2 comments:

Our life.... said...

OH.my.gosh. wow. that is one for the records. your car was running for an hour?
....next time i lock my keys in the car i won't feel so bad ;)

Monique said...

Hilarious. At least gas prices have fallen :)