Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bobbing for Garrett!

So, I am in the kitchen and look up and think to myself “ That’s not Marschall’s head I see bobbing up and down behind the coffee table… Oh My Gosh, that is my 5 month old, Garrett!!!!!! All I see is Garrett’s tiny head going up, down, up, down. I can’t tell you how my heart sank, I yell as I am running over to Marschall, “Be Careful”! I have learned I do over react in this area; I don't want to give Marschall the idea of being rough with Garrett as a way of getting my attention. I just want Garrett to be able to fend for himself before he and Marschall start wrestling,(at least be able to sit up). Marschall has yet to hurt Garrett and I try to watch them closely. But Garrett laughs more at Marschall than Pete and I put together. Of course, this just encourages Marschall. But I see what it can be someday once they get older. It’s going to be fun! Sure they will get hurt and fight but what buds they will be! I really do hope so.
I see now why my mom would get so mad at me when I was mean to my sister, boy was I mean. I don’t need to hear any hallelujahs from the peanut gallery, Joy. But I am sure my mom just wanted me to be nice and enjoy my built in playmate. Well, all I can do is hope for Marschall and Garrett to be able to enjoy each other! Sure it will entail some purposeful bumps and bruises along the way but what siblings don’t fight? Obviously, it makes the younger sibling stronger when they get older, my sister would be the one to clobber me now (at least that’s what I let her think)~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

after growing up with you, meredith, then i should be the strongest of them all! :)....we sure could (and I wouldn't put it past us still ;) have some knock down, drag outs....all in love, right??

Anonymous said...

Wait till they find out our Heavenly Father chose them, out of a couple hundred million to be brothers. Also, when they see what a great pair of shooting guards they will be.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have planned it all out better...the Lord turned sibling rivalries into great friends who still can battle when they're feeling fiesty. mom