Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Trying to Get with the Times

I have been wanting some type of digital (is it digital?) MP3 player of sorts. IPod, MP3.... I think IPod is a type of MP3. Anyway, I got a mini 1Gigabyte MP3. It can hold 250 songs, which I can't even imagine knowing 250 songs, so I think this will do just fine. I wanted to be able to see the songs on the little LCD screen. I have two "Playlists", one I named, "Worship the King" and the other, "Dance Funk". How funny are those opposites? There is a little part of me that loves to "break it down" when no one is looking. Ironically, I listen to the worship music when I work out. As I was running around the track I lifted my arms up to adjust my headset. Yes, I said headset. However, I don't have a headset. I am with the times now, I have ear buds that are too big for my ears. The last time I listened to music when I worked out was back in college with a headset and a mix tape. Totally 80's, yet I was living in the 90's.... I was dying laughing thinking how technology is changing right before my eyes. Our children probably won't remember cassette tapes, they will think of tapes as my generation thinks of 8 tracks.
My friend's husband was running around his block with a digital FM headset on his head. Some kid at a bustop yelled to him dumbfounded, "what do you have on your head"? So every so often my friends and I ask "are we getting old?", I believe, I can say, pretty adamantly... "yes". We have kids not even recognizing our older technology. Oh well, at least I don't remember when the first TV came out.

3 comments:

Running With Hope said...

Tell me about it! I feel so old, that most college students now weren't even born in the 80's, so they don't understand the glory days! Our kids will probably all have iphones one day???

I struggle with technology anyways, but last week I was trying to get my phone off of speaker phone. I spent 20 frustrating minutes going through the menu and getting to the speaker phone option, but no way to turn it off. Okay, so there's this button on the side of my phone that I hit by accident--it's the speaker phone button (who knew?)...

Our life.... said...

ha ha...i hear ya on the technology. i feel like i am somewhat with it, kind of. except, everything is online now, all the accounting, bank accounts, etc....and everything has PASSWORDS to get in to it!! I have spent ALL week (no joke) trying to get us new car insurance for the new car. The company kept sending us the quote via e-mail, I would go into our account and it would be locked b/c I would have put in the wrong password too many times -I never can remember what password goes with what!!! Finally this morning I called them and was like "I want to accept this policy over the phone!! No more of this online crap!"...literally took me 5 days of locking the account up and trying to get it unlocked....
If computers/cell phones, internet, went down....it would be a sure fire cluster on the earth....

Marshall Benbow said...

So the best in-ear buds that I have found (for the $) are Griffin Tune buds - they are like $20 and stay in your ears really well and have great sound.