Monday, November 26, 2007


And so it begins.....

We did something super spontaneous on Saturday. We were planning to get our Christmas tree at a nearby tree lot on Saturday. We've gone to this lot before, they have hayrides for the kids etc. It was almost lunch time. Pete was coming back from playing ball and I had come home from the gym with the boys. I called him and said "how about going to Boone to get our tree today"? It was time for Garrett's nap and I knew my other narcoleptic son would fall asleep in the car too. All I could think of was a nice quiet ride with Pete and to see my ole stomping grounds again.
We had a lot of fun. As we rolled back into our driveway that evening, Pete said " That was fun, I don't know if I would want to do that every year but it was fun". What he should have said was, "what were we thinking taking a 4 year old and a 2 year old up a mountain to cut down a tree!" But it will be a fond memory!















3 comments:

Our life.... said...

You didn't wear your Triple Fat??

pretty tree :)

Meredith Uber said...

ahh more memories of my triple fat.....shut up! ( she is my sister, I can say it)

emily freeman said...

I love that you did that! It's nice to remember the days of "Hey, let's take a trip" even if it is for just a day. I'm sure it was nice to be home, though. At least, that's what I always think.