Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Poor Baby....

I know it's a little weird to post a picture of your hurt child for everyone to see but I had to do it. Listen to this....or actually read on.
Another long story...made short. Marschall accidentally hit Garrett in the head swinging his baseball bat yesterday afternoon. Yes, he about knocked his head off. We could tell right away it needed attention, more than what I could give. We all headed to the pediatrician. Keep in mind I have a 5 year old, almost 3 year old and I am 6 months pregnant. I don't do well moving fast or being in chaos these days.
Garrett is bleeding and Marschall is crying from feeling so bad. We had our hands full. Pete was able to go with me, thankfully. When you look closely at Garrett's pitiful teary eyed picture (why Pete brought the camera? because he is a sicko.) you will see something purple. One may think it is some sort of bandage, not so much. Instead of stitching his laceration, they glued it together. This is very common with close to the eye cuts. (This is the third time we have had this done). The doctor glued her purple glove to his head over the wound! Why purple, because the doctor was allergic to latex. It couldn't have been a nice beige glove.Seriously, do these kinds of ridiculous scenarios just happen to us? Come on!
Yes, she had to cut her glove off her hand and trim it back as close as she could to his forehead. She said it would just fall off in a few days. However, today Garrett fell trying to walk up the steps and landed on his eye and popped the cut back open. We couldn't see how bad it was because the glued glove was still on his head. I headed back to another doctor recommended by our pediatrician because we expressed our concerns with the wound opening back up. We weren't too thrilled with their laceration work either, so to speak.
The piece of glove is now off and his wound is on it's way to be healed, I think. As long as he can walk erect and stay away from swinging bats.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Michael RosenRosen from DSS is definitely going to call you guys...

Karen P said...

Give him a hug from us!

Monique said...

Poor little cutie-pie. Kisses and hugs to the little guy from us. On the plus side, he looks good in purple...

Shannon said...

Woe is you!! Only the Uber family could have an adventure of this sort!! You know some choc chip cookies would probably make everyone feel better ;)!

Ida said...

Seriously? She cut her glove off in the wound? I don't believe it! Incredible!! SO glad that he is fine, but I'll be wondering about the care for a while - amazing! :)

Ashley said...

Ok, so I have finally had to set up an account just so I could finally leave a comment...this was truly one of your funniest blogged stories Meredith! I laughed so hard that I was crying! Now don't get me wrong...poor Garrett, but he is a tough cookie, he will be fine. On the other hand, how weird was this doctor to basically super glue her PURPLE glove to his forhead...can you imagine if this had been an adult??? HYSTERICAL!!!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.