Monday, March 31, 2008

The Shindig

We are back from our yearly couple's beach trip. We didn't go the first year it was started. I think we slid our way in because another couple couldn't go one year, we're okay with that, as long as we keep getting invited!
It was originally started for our friend Kim's 30th Birthday, her husband wanted to bless her and have others bless her with coming together for a big celebration. It was also a way for husbands to show love to their wives. They even had T-shirts with the Ephesians verse that speaks of husbands loving their wives at Christ loves the Church. I saw how the theme of love really played out this weekend. However, the couples we were around, love each other with Christ's love I think on a daily basis. There has been a lot that most of the couples that we went with have been through. I feel blessed to even see a glimpse how Christ has worked in and out of their marriage and families. God has been good to my friends and He will continue to be good. I take great peace in knowing that He is in control and is gracious with His love, His providence and His power. Here are a few pictures below before we went out to our fancy dinner.
Oh and my friend's like to eat, and I mean eat good, that is one of the reasons we keep coming back!










post signature

3 comments:

Melissa said...

so that's where you all were this weekend! i was wondering why i didn't bump into you at church. i'm so glad you all do this every year. it's a great tradition! glad you all had fun!!!

Our life.... said...

that's just fun

Monique said...

I can't believe you went on a beach trip in March. Do you know how cold it is at the beach in Massachusetts? Sometimes I think you can see icebergs.