Friday, May 30, 2008

The "Look" He Gives...

After I had been woken up for the third time last night from Garrett, I got to thinking. Thinking in the middle of the night can be dangerous. Sometimes I wake up and wonder "Why did I waste so much of my brain energy in the middle of the night"? I had this whole scenario that it would be fun to install little security cameras in our house. And this would not be for an intruder. It would be for all the crazy things that my kids do through out the day that no one would completely understand unless I had the evidence.
You know how Michael Scott from the Office is a nut case and all Jim can do is give that awesome look at the camera? His look says it all..."How is it that I have a boss that gets away with this stuff?" and How is it that this is my life everyday?" and "Seriously?"..(you have to be a Grey's fan to know the inflection of that one.)
That's how I feel throughout the day when my kids are driving me bonkers about different things or when I hear "ohhhh look what happened"..... So anyway that's all, I miss the Office and wish I had a camera to look into every so often to feel justified with all the actions that take place throughout my day.....

PS I have my own little Office dance that I do every time the theme song comes on, Pete wishes he had a camera to look into every so often concerning me.

4 comments:

Monique said...

Seriously (Grey's inflection implied), how has Michael Scott not been fired? And what did Jan see in him?

I would also love a secret camera, as long as all the footage of me talking to the cats was edited out. It gets kind of ridulous. Each cat gets his/her own song.

Our life.... said...

monique, you are hilarious, just hilarious....i think you need a blog

Our life.... said...

ha - your song!

emily freeman said...

ahhh...this song makes me so happy. We started watching 2 years ago when Luke was born...we bought Season 1 and watched them straight through to catch up and it was such a happy time.

I miss them too. *sigh*