Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Beachbound

Talk about my Pocketful of Sunshine(the song that I have playing first), I know I am not 16 anymore, but if I was, I would really like to karaoke to this song. (not that I can sing, but I may have had enough gumption at 16 to pull it off)
The song seems "beachy" to me. We are headed to the beach for a week. We have gone with Pete's cousin and his wife and their 3 kids for the past 4 years. Since we are not just couples anymore and we have 5 kids between all of us, we make the most of it. We basically hole up in our beautiful rented home for the week, play hard all day, get the kids to bed and then comes the real maxin and relaxin. Which for us means, good grilled food, drinks (minus me this go round) and lots of cards and ocean watching. We use to go out to eat, but now with 5 kids, that would just not be a vacation or fun.
The kids are beside themselves, excited, which has made for a real long week. But we are getting there....I will need a vacation just from getting us all packed up and out the door. Pete and I are really going to try and not not have one packing up argument. I don't know if it's just us and our dominant personalities but when we try and load up the car for vacation and keep the kids at bay all heck seems to break loose? You can pray for Sat. am. Good times.

5 comments:

Our life.... said...

Yall are "going to the beach, boom boom....gonna have a good time, boom boom...gonna ride the waves, boom boom" ;)

....say hello to the ocean for us :)

Melissa said...

Girl - it is so not just you and Pete. That is almost an assured fighting time for us, and I hate it. We're going this week, too, so you can pray the same thing for us. I think it's just all the added stress to accomplish this feat of packing up our crazy lives for a week and cramming them into one vehicle and transporting them to another location. You know it doesn't seem like that major of a thing to do, but it truly is. I get so irritated that it just takes so dag on long to just get us on the road!! So, anyway, all that said, my frustrations are out, and we will eventually get there. By the grace of God, without a major falling out. ;)

Carolina Mama said...

Love finding fellow Carolinians! Have a blast at the beach. You've got some great weather.

Carolina Mama said...

p.s. prayers for the packing. it's stressful for everyone. ;)

emily freeman said...

I hope you guys have a great week. It sure sounds like it. What could beat playing hard all day and fun friends at night. And cards? My love language is playing cards, I think.

And btw, congrats on the 3rd boy :)