Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hummm, I guess I have no shame.....

Let me set the scene. My two best friends from college were over on Thursday night. Pete was out at his basketball game. All the kids were in bed. We had a great time catching up, the three of us rarely all are able get together. I had clued them in on the mouse situation, the one we still have not caught! The one that steals the cheese right off the traps we have set.
I had clued Kristen and Ashley in on the mouse situation earlier in the evening. I should be embarrassed but these are friends that you have for life and all they did was laugh. I still am not laughing.
Before Kristen left she decided to look one more time behind the sofa where we had 4 traps, (we are not messing around, we're are out for mickey's death). Here is how the conversation went....

Kristen... "Meredith, didn't you have 4 traps behind the sofa?"

Me....."I think Pete moved some around to some other places" (I go look over the sofa with her), "But we did have TWO of the gluey sticky traps there with the other two regular traps!!!! One of the traps is missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen...."Oh my gosh, there he is"! (as he runs cross the floor underneath the sofa.)

NOTE: At this point, Ashley jumped up on the coffee table, Kristen is on the bar stool and I am on another bar stool across the room. We are standing 10 feet tall in our chairs and we are dying laughing and almost crying.

We stand there for probably a good 15 minutes trying to figure out what to do. Pete wasn't due home for at least another hour. They decided to help me barricade the steps. Ashley, who was spending the night, was afraid the mouse would climb the 15 stairs and go into her room. It looked like a burglar had come in and turned over chairs and a table.
Kristen leaves, Ashley and I bolt up to my bedroom to watch TV until Pete comes home. Pete arrives to find the mouse had drug the sticky trap underneath the sofa and got away!!!
We have bought 2 more kinds of traps.
There will be a post that he has been caught, I will assure you of that.
I don't know when, but it better be soon.

I'm going to celebrate my birthday tonight with Pete at the Proximity Hotel. My poor sister and brother-in-law are stuck in Mickey Mouse club house until tomorrow when we return!

2 comments:

The Nester said...

That's nothing, we once had a real live RAT climb in through our fireplace. My husband bought mouse traps to catch him and I thought that 30 pound rat was gonna pick up that little trap and throw it at my honey and kidnap me and my boys!

Monique Boucher said...

Happy Birthday! The least the mice could do is leave you a present...