Sunday, January 27, 2008

Inspired by the toile....

I love reading the blog by , The Nester.
I was very inspired by her red toile. I am not a good visionary when it comes to home design. I see something I like and copy it to by best ability. I saw her sofa in a beautiful cranberry toile. I decided I had to find that material for my dining room window treatments. I found exactly what I wanted on ebay, 7 yards of material and including shipping it was $20.00. I felt like it was a good deal. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, a glue gun scares me. I end up always gluing my fingers together when trying to work on a project. So, I had my panels sown, due to my lack of inability with a glue gun. I have no patience either. I get a rush of anxiety to make something and I usually have to start over or throw it away, whatever I am working on. I am super impressed with the Nester's way of winging her decorating and it turning out perfect.
The reason I NEEDED my cranberry toile is because of my cranberry chair you can see in our living room from our dining room. (Some background info, before I was married, I fell in love an oversized chair. It was really the only piece of "real" furniture I owned. Pete calls it the orange chair. It is not orange. It is cranberry. Who one would buy an orange chair?)
I have had a blank dining room since we moved into our house 3 years ago. I put a random valance up that I really didn't like and that was about it. I don't have any before shots but just imagine a nice table in a vacant beige room with a dark beige valance. (That would be the before shot.)
My ebay material arrived, loved it, ran to the seamstress to have the panels made. I picked a light gold paint color, it doesn't really show up in the pictures below but it is same color background as my widow treatments.
I just read the Nester's blog today and she had plaid window treatments with her toile sofa! I did not know this before I picked my toile for my window treatments! I feel like I made a good decision based on her taste that I really like. So thanks Nester for your inspiration of cranberry toile!










5 comments:

The Nester said...

Girl, I LOVE it together! Love, Love, Love!

And, ebay for fabric, I forgot about that! I am gonna go look right now! If you ever don't want that chair, let me know! I wouldn't even mind if it were orange!

Our life.... said...

beautimus!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Meredith, I wandered over here from The Nesting Place. Love your new toile drapes. I love toile too & have it in a couple rooms of my house. You can see my toile DR drapes in today's post. My mom made them for me.

I just found Nester's blog very recently & am enjoying all her antics. Glad I found you too. I'll have to come back & read more. I'm very much into decorating and love all these projects.

Come & visit me when you get a minute!

RHoda

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

So pretty! I'll have to check ebay for fabric. I never thought of them. Again, just beautiful!

Emily said...

Hey! I found you through the nester! I'm one of the window mistreaters she mentioned. I love your toile and checks. I have new red toile bedding and am trying to decide what to do for the windows in there to coordinate. I love the checks on your chair! Anyway, glad to have found you! I'm making you a daily read in my reader!

oh gah - you blogger peeps make it hard for me to log in with my wordpress account to leave comments! i'm at remodelingthislife.wordpress.com. my blogger blog is my family blog not my babbling blog.