Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Was anyone else Dancing?

First, let me clarify, I do not watch Oprah everyday. However, I did tune it today and Rick Springfield was on. The only reason I know him is from the song "Jesse's Girl" back in the 80's. I was hoping by the end of segment he would sing the song and Oh did he! I found myself singing and dancing,(as I was holding Garrett). Marschall looked at me like I was nuts... yet he is still muttering, "how can I get a woman like that....."
If you have no idea what I am talking about please don't bother to tell me, I know I am old. I have a not so secret desire to sing and dance. I am seeing a pattern here; Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, my secret karaoke machine, just kidding about the karaoke machine... I can wish.

PS A little Rick Springfield trivia.....He said that the song is a true story about a real girl, however the guy's name was Gary not Jesse. He said Gary's girl just didn't quite make the cut.

post signature

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh I used to LOVE that song!!! Oh and I adored Rick Springfield! Gosh I must be old too! haha! and just think we listened to that on a record album! lol

Blessings~
Kelly

Caroline said...

I saw your blog link on Emily's and thought I would say "Hi!" Are your boys really 4 and 2? Geesh! Gotta love Jesse's Girl, 80's music rocks!

Unknown said...

I L-O-V-E-D Rick Springfield! I grew up in the 80s (graduated high school in '87 if that's a clue), and he was still on General Hospital back then. He's still adorable!