Tuesday, February 12, 2008

X-Men Underwear

It's rainy here and cold. We went out for a little while, to Big Lots. I love me some Big Lots. There are not too many places where you can buy both deodorant and a mattress. We headed out, after, I purchased, a lamp, deodorant, Hanes underwear for my hubby and then some X-Men underwear for my 4 year old. I got in the car, everyone buckled in and realized my 4 year old was still holding his underwear. We did not pay for it. I would never think twice about keeping it, the thing I get tempted by is the thought to have to take it back in the store with the kids in tow. I would not leave the kids in the car, especially in our Big Lots parking Lot. I already saw some creepy guy in there and my scenario of him kidnapping us in the parking lot was all too real. (I'm the queen of scenarios)I drove back up to the front of the store,decided to run in and throw the underwear down on the counter. As I am running out, I pretty much yell, "We did not pay for this, my child took it with him out of the store". The cashier is trying to act like maybe I did pay for it, and starts asking me to check my receipt. I am yelling, again, "no, we didn't". I am basically having to get stern with her to say keep your underwear! Geez
This leads me to another almost stealing scenario... but not really. A few months back I was in Wal-mart, bought a ton a of groceries, paid for them and left. I had my hot commodity of Diet Coke under the basket. I got home, realized I did not have it, doubled checked that I paid for it. I had indeed paid for it but remembered I must have left it under the basket in the parking lot. I go back to Wal-mart with my receipt to the customer service and explained what happened. The cashier told me to go get another 12 pack and bring it back up to customer service to check it out again. I had already waited in line to tell her I needed to get what I had already paid for, I was not going to do it yet again. You know me and Wal-mart, we have a love/hate relationship.
I decided it was ethically okay, just to grab my diet coke that I had really paid for and leave. I would not stand in line again. I was perfectly ready to give an answer if someone decided to question me, I had my receipt. I went to the end of the store picked up my diet coke and walked out the door, no questions asked. I know, I dare to live on the edge. I am not a rule breaker, I see it as I just have common sense without a lot time to wait in lines and I wanted my diet coke for the week.


post signature

2 comments:

Our life.... said...

You are crazy hilarious.....

....why are you still drinking that aspartame filled, no good for you diet crap??? ;)

Monique said...

It's awful, I have known for years about aspartame and diet beverages, but it took my latest favorite book "Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous" by a trendy nutritionist to convince me never to tough the stuff again. I have been aspartame free for four days now. But I don't judge you for your special relationship with Diet Coke.