Friday, February 17, 2006

Out of the Blue

Last night Marschall and I were having dinner together, (Pete was working late). I said, “Marschall let’s sit and eat together”, he kept trying to get up from his chair. Out of the blue, he came back over and sat down and looked up at me and he said “We buddies”. I thought, wow, just that little statement was worth Pete working late!
Sometimes, we don’t realize the impact we are having on our children. Obviously, I was never expecting that statement to come out of his mouth, (See previous blog, “The Ugly Truth”). Maybe, I don’t love playing ball or wrestling around with Marschall, but he and I enjoyed a nice little dinner together, just as buddies.
A funny side note, as cute as it was eating dinner with each other, just “being buddies”, I was also his buddy last night around 12:30am cleaning up throw-up from his floor. I guess I’m his sick buddy too, poor little thing. So far, he’s doing better today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

marsch knows how much he needs you and loves you!....and he DOES have fun with you! get better marsch! ...aunt doy

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me what they think to say! It's so sweet when they are thinking of it for a few minutes, and then out it comes, and either makes you want to laugh or cry. It makes the whole day (life for that matter) worth it!