Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oxymoron?

Before I even begin this first posting. I have to share that as of 12:32pm I have already pulled over on the side of the road to spank my almost 3 year old. He truly was asking for it, I'll get to that on a later post and I have cleaned up poop that fell out of my almost 3 year old's diaper that he decided to take off on our carpet. With that said most people in this day and age wouldn't want to be called a homemaker much less understand that it can be joyfilled. This is for all the stay at home moms out there. I truly believe that I am a joyfilled homemaker and I hope you will find some humor in it all, as I'm sure we all do. Some days I want, I mean I do, scream and other days I laugh so hard with my almost 3 year old we have tears in our eyes.

I'm thankful my husband can and wants to provide for us, so that I can spend most of my time with my children. I'm thankful I go to a church where most of the moms I hang out with stay at home, I'm encouraged by them.
I'm thankful that the Lord has given me a true peace and contentment where I am in life.

I think women and new moms can lose their focus on where their calling is, what is their identity and are we ever going to be able to carry a small purse and have our hands free again? I'm still questioning the later question...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely tune in. I am on day 3 of simultaneous naps of a 3 year and an 7 1/2 month old - so this week, life is good! (Yesterday they slept for 2 1/2 hours!!!) I would like to echo your comments - I love being at home and am so thankful to have the opportunity. Not everyday is a bed of roses, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anonymous said...

meredith, meredith....the joyfilled homemaker :) i believe it! i do! i've seen you in action and all you said is true....your sis

Marshall said...

Um, am I allowed to comment on this site? I feel a little awkward. Just playin' - way to enter the blogosphere, Meredith!Hurray for the awesome moms out there and the ministry you have!

Anonymous said...

If I ever get my house to where I want it to be I'll be out of work!

Thanks.
best dog food recipes