Saturday, June 21, 2008

In honor of Joy and Baby Seth

Today, my mom and grandmothers gave Joy a family shower for her new baby that is on the way. Another quaint affair! Brunch was the theme.
Below are some pictures. Oh and the menu, how I love to talk about food. Now, my Grandmother Marschall made most of it. My contribution was the punch and cheddar cheese grits. I got Paula Deen's recipe to make the cheddar cheese grits and they were the best. My mom made a great fruit salad and the secret ingredient, is peach pie filling.

Cranberry Sausage Quiche
Cheddar Cheese Grits
Peach fruit salad
Coffee cake muffins
Pineapple white grape punch
Coffee
Cute little SJM (Seth's initials)cake squares (provided by Delicious bakery)




3 comments:

Monique said...

Thanks for the photos! I feel like I was there. And boy, do I love that cranberry sausage quiche of Grandma's.

Our life.... said...

Soooooo fun it was - thank you again ;) You proved again - you are a "shower throwing extraordinaire"! Baby Seth sure did love the food too - he was bouncing around the rest of the day ;)

Sarah said...

Hi Meredith,

We are semi-online again after our lightning surge...I am in shock that it is so quick. Still no wireless connection to use but I can be plugged in for a bit until we are back up again.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for having the courage to come and speak to me at VBS today about my comment from before and what has happened since. I really appreciated it and have thought a lot today about how brave you were...because I was sure I'd lose it if I started that conversation. Thank you, so much, for that act of friendship. Looking forward to more VBS fun with you and preschool crews this week!