Saturday, June 07, 2008





It Showered!

I just finished (a couple of hours ago) hosting a baby shower for one of my oldest friends. We've known each other since 5th grade! It was such a treat to do this for her. She had given me a wonderful shower when I had Marschall so I felt I had a lot to live up to. Not that friendship works that way, but you know what I mean, I couldn't just do nuts and mints.
I actually packed our family up and went down to Pete's parents house yesterday. Living with two boys and a husband I could not take the risk of re-cleaning our house, I didn't have it in me! After I had gotten everything ready yesterday we made like a fetus and headed out, no pun intended...well sort of.
I came back up this am at around 8:00, how nice it was to be in my quiet clean house for a few moments by myself.
My mom helped me host it and I could not have done it without her! We had 17 guests for lunch. I used real dishes, even since my dishwasher is still broken! I had place cards and even served a little white wine, it was an affair if I do say so myself. I love to hear what people serve at parties and such, so this was our menu

Greek chicken pasta
Sun-dried tomato spread
fresh vegetables
butter biscuits with strawberry jam
Grape and pecan fruit salad
And an almond raspberry cake from Delicious bakery

It went great and I will still probably be recovering tomorrow. (There is nothing special about the living room, I just wanted to take a picture of it to be able to remember it can be this clean.)

4 comments:

Our life.... said...

aren't you the gourmet shower extraordinaire! Emily looks great - i know yall had a blast - all that hard work was worth it, I know she felt special, as she should ;)

....your dress looks good! ;)

Melissa said...

so fun! your house looks great and the food sounded, well, Delicious! ;) how was that cake btw? you know me, always the dessert snob, and wanting to find yummy things.

Monique said...

Thanks for the pictures. I am so excited for Emily. What a peach.

Kari said...

I remember that you liked the name Claire. I thought this was some kind of announcement about your baby. hehe.