Monday, June 09, 2008

My Rant.....

I love my little boys. I love to see my husband with my boys. Yes, they can make me crazy.... and insane.... and question my ability to be a good mother. However, I can't imagine our family to be any different. I am having a hard time visualizing anything else but a boy for our next baby. Everybody and their brother is asking if I am hoping for a girl. You want my real answer?
I would love to have another boy, that is the honest truth. I am scared of little girls. I am one, I have a sister, I know how "we" can be. Especially, our early years. Now, I would love to have a grown daughter because our sweet little boys will grow up and leave us and never call their mom except out of guilt.
I am real close with my mom and cherish that relationship. So if I have a choice... I guess I would choose to have a grown daughter, which sounds ridiculous I know, or another boy. The best part I keep reminding myself is that the Lord knows what our family needs. I can't plan this, however, I am very curious though. We hope to find out July 2. I am just now realizing if he/she does not show himself then we won't be getting another ultrasound, due to our insurance. I will be drinking a lot of juice or mountain dew that morning. So, I will be completely 100% pleased to have another boy-period. literally. A girl will be new and exciting and uncharted territory, if this is the case I will need help and lots of advice from all you moms with little girls. My question is will a little girl slide on a slip and slide all day and be okay with grass cuts all over her back and dirty feet and hands? I mean I am just asking because I know nothing different.
Well, I will say I do know one thing that can be easier if we have a little girl she can't get poison ivy on her penis. Yeah, I have experience with this with my 5 year old. Our new rule, "If you have been in the woods, wash your hands before you go to the bathroom".

2 comments:

Our life.... said...

aren't you glad it is in His hands and not yours? There may be the sweetest little mini-meredith growing inside you;)....or maybe another mini-pete - which in that case you will have uber amounts of daughter-in-laws (like how i am already marrying your kids off?)

btw....really? you went there? you said penis on your blog??...oh whoops, so did i....

Monique said...

HAHAHA. The poison ivy story is perfect. Marschall may not forgive you for that when he gets to be old enough to read blogs...